Monday, July 19, 2010

Reading on vacation


So I have finished several books down here. My reading life has picked up- big time. My sister gave to me Firoozeh Dumas' book- laughing without an accent. Wonderful book. Very funny. Highly recommend it!

My friend Julia recommended I read, come to me. Amy Bloom's stories. They are juicy!

When I finished all of my books-I moved onto Barb's- Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead- so good- coming of age story set in the 80's- loved it! I had her him read at, The Happy Ending Reading Series. Finally I got to read the book!

Favorite line- page 82- NP approached serpentine, attempting to replicate the pump-'n'- dump that Bobby had used on him, adding a wiggle closer, but Randy was expecting something else entirely, going with a shoulder- to shoulder manly half-hug.

Colson also has a blog! Fun. I can't wait to read more of his books.

Hope your summer reading is going well! Keep us posted! What's good to read?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment