Thursday, August 5, 2010

Comics and Journalism

Last week I finished Joe Sacco's book, Palestine. I actually bought his new book, Footnotes in Gaza. When I came home with it my sister exclaimed, "Oh his work is really good. Did you read Palestine?" Palestine is about the Intifada. I decided I should read that first. Chronological order and all.

His books are really interesting. I have not read many 'graphic novels/books'. I read Persepolis, By Marjane Satrapi, The Imposter's Daughter, By Laurie Sandell, Blankets, By Craig Thompson. Each of these books is a kind of memoir-ish graphic novel. Sacco's books are also stories. But they are stories told by a journalist. He marks events and history through his graphic books.

Want to read a good story. Want to read about the world and be well informed? You may want to dive into Joe Sacco's wonderful books.

No comments:

Post a Comment